Duggie

Suggestions & Bugs

There’s so much here I don’t know where to start, because I do have comments, but I think I’d rather narrow these down with staff first so we can present some main talking points
I appreciate the amount of time you dedicated to this suggestions thread, Duggie, thank you

1 hour ago, Duggie said:

Achievements

- (Split into Easy, Medium & Hard Requirement for Completionest) -
- Each tier can have these repeated but more required kills etc. You could also take those from the old Wiki and add them in as well (Seen here) -
- Each achievement should reward the player (Blood Money for PK Based, XP for Skilling, PVP Armour, Tickets and so on) - 

- Vote x Times -
   - Kill x Players -
    - Kill x Players whilst having 1 Defence and x Cmb. -
    - Kill x Players whilst having 45 Defence and x Cmb. -
    - Kill x Players above x Wilderness Level. -
    - Acquire Killstreak of x -
   -  Acquire x Tier 10 Emblems -
    - Acquire x Total Level -
    - Open x Mystery boxes -
    - Open x PK Boxes -
    - Light x Fires -
    - Smith x Items -
    - Catch x Fish -
    - Craft x Hides -
    - Cut x Logs -
    - Mine x Ores -
    - Fletch x Arrows - 
    - Make x Potions -
    - Complete x Agility Course Laps -
    - Thiev x Times -
    - Harvest x Times -
    - Catch x Implings -
    - Open x Jars -
    - Slay x Bosses -
    - Complete x Slayer Tasks -
    - Create x Pouches/Scrolls -
    - Build x Item(s) in your house -
    - Complete x Dungeons -
    - Complete the Dungeon in x time -
    - Kill x KBD -
    - Kill x Corp Beasts -
    - Kill x Chaos Elementals - 
    - Kill x Tormented Demons -
    - Kill x Zombies -
    - Kill x Wildywrym -
    - Kill x Bal'lak the Pummeler -
    - Kill x Barrelchest -
    - Kill x Borks -
    - Kill x Bulwark Beast -
    - Kill x Night-gazer Khighorahk -
    - Kill x Revenants -
    - Kill x Unholy Cursebearer -
    - Obtain a rare drop (Not Dragon Claws etc, something really rare)- 
    - Obtain a Pet -
    - Have a total of x PK Points -
    - Partake in x Events (Those on rotation) -
    - Partake in a Fight-pits game -
    - Kill x of any of the 4 Godwars Bosses -
    - Visit the Revenant Cave -

Brilliant load of ideas for achievements. All seem completely reasonable from a difficulty perspective & also coding-wise. Great opportunity to add lots of new equipment - weapons such as abyssal dagger/bludgeon, skilling sets with skilling bonuses, new pvp & cosmetic armour and even extra bonuses like titles, player ranks and I am sure with the creativity of this community a lot more. Completing dungeons and building items obviously would be dependent on dungeoneering being fixed and construction being added.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Superior Bosses
Not an original idea but works well on another server to perfection. The concept is simple, once a boss is killed (I highly recommend this being those situated in the wilderness as this increases wilderness activity) there is an x chance of a rare more superior boss that spawns. (I suggest the chance is 1 in 1K or even higher dependent upon the time it takes to kill said bosses).

Some things to note:
- The boss doesn't spawn instantly, it has a yell announcement attached (3 Minutes, then 2, then 1, then x boss has spawned) -
- The boss has increased HP. -
- The boss does increased damage to players. -
- The boss has increased drop table percentages and keeps the current drop table. -
- All players receive some drop for participation (PKP/Blood Money and the typical roll on the drop table) -
- If a player gets a rare item, it is announced on yell. -
- The boss requires an Orb or Item that players can purchase for PKP, without this item they cannot participate in the boss kill and therefore cannot be rewarded (PKP Sink). If the player dies with x item, the killer gets half (maybe less) in return and the player must repurchase the x item again. - Disagree with this part, at least for the beginning.  Sounds quite complicated for a community that is not known for its brains.

Possible Superior Boss Ideas I had:
- Superior Chaos Elemental drops P1H as a really rare drop 1 in 5K or 10K? - I disagree with this as 10k is still too OP. A player can grind for that number and on average will receive an additional 20-30 regular p2h. I would not mind this being added to chaos ele drop table at some ridiculously low drop rate such as 1/100,000 though. That way there will likely only be 0 or 1 players who will get it in a whole year. Also, I am taking into account the fact that p1h will (my personal guess, not confirmed) be added into the game as a rare in future as well.
- Superior King Black Dragon drops KBD Heads which could be attached to a Slayer Helm which boosts Drop Rate % by 5? - (NOTE - Maybe KBD should be made PvP during the period of up-time of this superior boss) - Interesting idea and I like its uniqueness. Only thing I'd change is that this kind of item would be a drop from corp instead of kbd to balance out the drop tables/value in killing. 

Overall great idea to add superior bosses. Creates a different aspect rather than simply totally new bosses & the server that you got that idea from sounds like they totally nailed it the way they implemented it on their server.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Wilderness Slayer

NPCs added to wilderness:
- Green Dragons- 
- Zombies -
- Hill Giants -
- Spiders -

and so on...

- Players can receive Boss & Normal NPCs as tasks. -
- Players can obtain Larren's Keys from the NPC / Boss kills (I would make these quite common, 10% / every 10/20 kills?). The player can then use these keys on the Larrens Chest at the Magebank Ship Wreck. Please see below for some proposed items that could be obtained from this chest. -
- Each task rewards the player with x blood money, PKP or PvP items? -
- A Shop could be added that players can purchase other items (not sure what these items could be) -

So essentially a varient of crystal key as a reward specifically during wilderness slayer? I like the general idea. It needs a lot of work to work out exact balanced npcs/task size, exact rewards which fit the server etc

Larren's Chest Loots

Common
- Blood Money -
- PKT -
- Overloads (Noted) -
- Special Restore Potions -
- Staff of Light -
- Rocktails (Noted) -
- BH Tabs -

Rare
- Pk Mystery Box -
- Mystery Box -
- PvP Items -

Really Rare
- Dagon'hai Pieces (make them better than infinity but can worn by those with 45 Defence) -
- Legendary Tickets? -
Scroll of Wrath?

I like the idea of having Dagon'hai pieces as a reward because they are already extremely rare and in the game so its easier than making a new model. However they are already a reward from hunter, so it seems weird they would be received by both hunter and also PKing. I agree 100% on the idea behind the robes being better than infinity but can be worn by those with 45 defence and agree 50% on those robes being Dagon'hai robes specifically

Battle Mages Drop Table (doesn't look to be present as per Wiki)

Common
- Blood Money -
- PKT -

Rare
- Celestial Pieces -
- Saradomin Token (NEW) -
- Zamaorak Token (NEW) -
- Guthix Token (NEW) -

The God tokens could be exchanged for the imbued cape after talking to and killing an NPC within the Mage Arena. I suggest requiring a number of these Tokens (I.E 3-5 dependent on rarity) to begin the dialogue for the imbued cape.

Agree. PVM at the mage arena is one of many perfect steps which can be taken to increase wilderness activity incentive. Of course exact rarity and amount of tokens etc would have to be discussed and tested, and it seems that would be quite straightforward for this.

Infernal Kraken/Zulrah (Something that can sit in Lava as an NPC) 

Proposed Location as seen here.

Common Drops
- Blood Money -
- PKT -
- Overloads (Noted) -

Rare
- Pk Mystery Box -
- Mystery Box -
- PvP Items -

Really Rare Drops
- Infernal Stone -

- Infernal Stone can be attached to x Tokhaal Capes (100 as a recommendation - the aim is to sink) -

I also suggest fixing/hiding the cave roofs these would be annoying if this above suggestion was taken into consideration and implemented

Love this idea. I made a similar suggestion a few weeks ago with regards to the location and suggesting that a Lava Wyrm be added there. A new NPC with new drops as you suggested would be even better if viable.
And the cave roofs is important to take into account. Another thing to do is check that the area is safe from bug exploits - e.g. Lighting fires underground to escape wilderness. It would also be nice to have the area around the cave painted black/scary rather than the white cream colour it currently is simply because it looks more professional.

Misc Suggestions/Bugs
- Allow the player to gain Drop Rate Bonus for their character. Could be displayed in the Equipment Tab or in the Pylos Journal (I personally think the Pylos Journal needs an overhaul - It's outdated in terms of other servers and capabilities to what information can be displayed). - Agree
- High-scores are delayed with updating. Previously they updated due to user logout, this now has no effect. -
- Collection Log? -
- Remove Items Kept on Death from Pylos Journal (and add it into Equipment Tab as per usual) - Agree
- ::Elo Command (PvP Rating) - Agree
- Kill Streak Amount added to Pk Information - Agree - would be nice to yell it out
- Add Pet drops to all relevant bosses (not sure which ones you added too but I think them all having their own would be something for end game players to aim for) - Agree. I am guessing that this was not done before for practical reasons
- Update Wiki Bosses (I.E Chaos Elemental doesn't have pet %) - There is a lot of things to be updated on wiki. I am part of the wiki team but i slack with it. The rest of the wiki team is currently working on it or busy with other server related things. You can probably be part of the wiki team yourself if you believe you have the passion & time for it.
- Add Hill Giants to within Mage Bank Stairs (currently none) - Agree
- Add Poison Spiders to within Mage Bank Stairs (currently none) - Agree 
- When clicking on the gates within Mage Bank Stairs it takes 2 clicks to open them, rather than 1. -
- When a staff member teleports a user from the wilderness it should show a yell message regarding this. (Stops any abuse going unnoticed) - Could be a message which only staff members can see (such as kicks). Otherwise it looks unprofessional from a player view in my opinion. There are many worse ways which staff can currently abuse in theory and I am not personally aware that this specifically has ever been a problem in the past on Artero/Devious/Reckless.
- When you message a player that is offline, the message still goes through. Maybe instead it should state that the player is offline. - Agree. This is a bug.

On 3/26/2020 at 5:27 PM, Knightmare said:

Yeah a lot of the drop rates or drops themselves can be changed (I'm not really the best when it comes to this), but the concept still stands the same. I also was not aware of Dagon'hai being available through a different method, but I'm sure yet again this item could be replaced if two sources is too much.